Baldor Grinder

JPigg55

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
20151017_170638.jpg 20151017_170631.jpg 20151017_170623.jpg Just bought a Baldor grinder/polisher today at an auction for $70 on a Grizzly stand.
I'm thinking I got a good buy on it, but thought I'd see what people here thought.

If it runs and the bearings are good, I'd say you got a great deal. I would have coughed up the cash to get it.

Chuck the grumpy old guy

Channeling Tuco from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly...there are two kinds of people in the world my friend, those with Baldor grinders and those who walk like a girl.

Good deal Jpigg55,
the Baldors are super grinders, quite and smooth.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Well, if I had a gas oven, I'd go stick my head in it right about now, and crank it up...

I spent over $200 last year for the same model although it has a really cool Stanley cabinet underneath it. (Not a $150+ cabinet though)
That is a great score. The Baldor's that come up around here in auction have been going through the roof for the last few years.
I was surprised to get mine for my limit.

And Smithfield is out near Macomb? Who the devil had a Baldor out in the middle of all those cornfields?
(I had to look Smithfield up, seeing as how I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago...)

If there is any reason you would like to dump that grinder, let me be first in line to snatch it up!!!
Great Score!!!!!!
:clapping:

And Smithfield is out near Macomb? Who the devil had a Baldor out in the middle of all those cornfields?
(I had to look Smithfield up, seeing as how I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago...)

Just one of those lucky finds I guess. Doesn't happen very often to me.
Yes, about 25 miles west of Macomb. I actually live in the sticks. Sale was a few miles south of Rushville.
Went to auction for something else which was sold before I got there. Think the guy did restoration work. Didn't even have the grinder listed on the sale bill.
Small auction service that doesn't have but a few pic's on the auction listing. Not many there and a lot left before it sold near end of auction.
Had really nice wood lathe with all the bells and whistles that went for under $300 tooling included. Didn't bid on it, but should have. Never quite had the knack for woodworking.
I think it's an 8" grinder, but not sure. Used a metal ruler that was laying there to try to measure grinding wheel diameter.
Any way to find a manual on this ? Not even sure of the model number.

It's a 439B, 6"er I do believe. I think I choked on my dinner when I read what you paid for it, and then started crying.
Those types of auctions are rare, but that's how I scored my Logan in Minooka 20 years ago.
Local auction service, barely any info sent out, and low attendance.

Back