Bench master milling machine

Discussion in 'QUESTIONS & ANSWERS (Get Help Fast Here!)' started by knifer-one, Jul 31, 2011.

1. knifer-one

knifer-one Active Members Active Member

I just watched a video of Rudy Kouhoupt on milling techniques. He is using a Bench Master mill. American made,oldie but goodie.No plastic parts! I am wondering if anyone has any info on these. Are they still being made?

2. Kenwc

Kenwc Iron

I have a Benchmaster vertical mill sitting in Florida that should arrive at my shop in January. I bought it in a mid-restoration condition and I have to finish the resto. I have a buddy that has a prpristine one thaforgot me interested in it. Here are some partial pics of the challenge ahead of me:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. knifer-one

knifer-one Active Members Active Member

When you get done,post some pics. looks like a great project!

4. Kenwc

Kenwc Iron

Thanks and I will. The motor shown in the pic is not coming as I have a nice little Atlas 3 phase set aside for it.

I've never touched a mill in my life so this will be a challenge to get it up and running accurately. I hope to learn a bit with this one until I find what I'm really looking of which is an Altas/Clausing 8520 or 8530.

Ken

5. joesmith

joesmith Active Members Active Member

City:
    San Antonio
    State:
    Texas
    You have an interesting project. Look like it is close in size the the 8530. Good luck and take pics as you go
    Joe