Birmingham Lathe

CJ5Dave

Registered
Registered
When I bought my Bridgeport mill the guy had a Birmingham metal lathe, like new, 4 jaw chuck still in the base in cosmoline. Me neighbor who came with me to check out the mill bought the lathe. It looks like an old Chicago Machinery lathe, or a Grizzly, probably a 12 inch swing. Looks really nice, 220 volt single phase. Supposedly the previous owner used it for gun barrels, sure did not use it much. I could Armorall the sheet metal and get the rust off the chuck and sell it for new. Anybody got experience with one of these? Is it a Rong Fu mfg?

When I bought my Bridgeport mill the guy had a Birmingham metal lathe, like new, 4 jaw chuck still in the base in cosmoline. Me neighbor who came with me to check out the mill bought the lathe. It looks like an old Chicago Machinery lathe, or a Grizzly, probably a 12 inch swing. Looks really nice, 220 volt single phase. Supposedly the previous owner used it for gun barrels, sure did not use it much. I could Armorall the sheet metal and get the rust off the chuck and sell it for new. Anybody got experience with one of these? Is it a Rong Fu mfg?
Hi,

I don't think Rong Fu ever made lathes so doubtful it's from them. My belt drive 12x36 was made by Tida but without a picture I can't tell if it's the same. Post a pic so we can see what you're asking about, are you wanting to sell it or keep it for yourself?

John

No, my neighbor bought it. Just wondering what the eqivavalent model it is if he needs parts.

Back