Boardtrack Racer

I love your Boardtrack racer. I've been thinking of doing something similar for a while but haven't gotten around to it yet. Do you have any resources you could share relating to how to build one of these?

Years ago I came across this book from 1906 "Motor bicycle building" and saved it in my "someday" folder. You can download it for free from here:

http://archive.org/details/motorbicyclebuil00hasliala

Randy

Just checked out your link, that was pretty cool. Started reading it and was just thinking about that time period and how they made things back then.

As far as resources go, I got inspired by going to motorbicycling.com and checking out that forum. I never started off by wanting to build a full boardtrack replica, just wanted to build a motorized bicycle, but after checking out some of the pics on that website I got inspired. They have all sorts of resources in building a motorized bicycle.

I started with my build using a 1969 Schwinn Racer lightweight bicycle and just started building around that platform. Making some things and buying others, just to give it that boardtrack look.

Hope that helps

Patrick

Well done, it all works, proportions, colors and workmanship. Am curious as to the idler pulley on the foot drive chain. It appears to be in a fixed position. Not certain as to why this is necessary?
Fine build,
Thank you,
Dale
Cleveland OH

The pulley on the pedal chain is to keep the pedal chain tight. My initial intentions were to not use a pulley on that chain, therefore you don't see a permanent mount. I had to add that pulley because the pedal chain was too loose and would fall of the sprockets. If I try to take out a link on the pedal chain, the drive chain does not fit properly and vice versa. I'm waiting for the drive chain to stretch a bit, therefore I'm hoping that I then can take out a link on the pedal chain to allow the drive chain to fit. So in the meantime...ugly pulley. Oh ya...thanks for the complements!

PB

Back