Bosch Miter Saw modifications

well it was some of his users, and some of the copies that are out there. It appears that the 3d printed ones are not durable. There are a number of similar and copies enough to indicate that they are all showing up as the same issue.

And I do often use my miter saw to cut small stuff. I do a bunch of pegging and draw pegs. I often rough cut a batch on the miter saw. Other times its just knocking off the corner of something to soften it.

well it was some of his users, and some of the copies that are out there. It appears that the 3d printed ones are not durable. There are a number of similar and copies enough to indicate that they are all showing up as the same issue.

And I do often use my miter saw to cut small stuff. I do a bunch of pegging and draw pegs. I often rough cut a batch on the miter saw. Other times its just knocking off the corner of something to soften it.
Sorry it took so long to get you this video of the dewalt. Concrete pouring kept getting delayed

View attachment IMG_0492.mov

So I would like to tell you all, NOT TO BUY THE BOSCH GLYDE.
I have a few issues with it already. I can't get a square cut. The saw is too flexible , it's very surprising, I would have thought that it was better. When this saw came out people were complaining but I thought it was nonsense. It's not. But it's not just the flexibility, it's also the ability to return to the zero.. I am unable to get a square cut, many are rounded (so slightly) but if you are cutting for mating pieces, this saw won't do it.
So to the safety police, don't tell me about my fingers... I am totally aware of what I was doing. I had been cutting this piece over and over trying to tune the saw, but, it's not capable.
Sad..

Thx for feedback on the glide; it was on my short list if I ever replaced my Dewalt (12" double bevel compound sliding miter) due to being compact.

On the Dewalt slider I have it is possible to influence the cut because of the rail system. Not typically a problem if using the saw for framing work, can be an issue for fine woodworking. When I was looking into it years ago I think the nod went to the 10" fixed (no slide) Makita for better precision.

Last edited:
Sorry it took so long to get you this video of the dewalt. Concrete pouring kept getting delayed
That shadow is much better than the OEM LED solution from Dewalt; nice.

The shadow is OEM from DeWalt. It works well in most conditions.
That looks nothing like mine then; my shadow is much weaker. My saw is the DWS779. It didn't come with the light from the factory, but I did the common retrofit by buying the handle/switch/light assembly from another model.

That looks nothing like mine then; my shadow is much weaker. My saw is the DWS779. It didn't come with the light from the factory, but I did the common retrofit by buying the handle/switch/light assembly from another model.
I don't remember the model number of mine but it is the same 12" dewalt compound miter I think, but this one can run on 2 big batteries as well. Didn't really want that option originally, but got a great deal on a display model. Turned out to be pretty handy when I was framing the house.

Yep, the light on your model (DHS790?) is different; has 2 LED instead of 1 (pic below of yours). General formfactor and plug look otherwise identical. May have to buy it. :) The DHS790 light p/n is N687584 in case anyone else is interested.
dewalt%20n687584__1__95821.1674167008.jpg

Back