B'port "Clone" knee bearings question

Investigator

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My clone knee doesn't adhear to the parts diagram for a bridgeport. Regarding the elevating screw and associated parts, this one seems to be designed without the bearing bushing and bearing retaining ring.
It seems the elevating screw has a shoulder which fits against a thrust washer, then the sealed bearing, the it passes through the casting boss, then another thrust bearing on top of the boss, and the bevel gear sits on the thrust bearing.

I'm not thinking this is a design issue but it brings me to a question. What bearings to order. The 2 thrust bearings are marked NTN 51105. The sealed bearing is marked NTN 6205z. My question is can I just get any new matching bearing? Or do I need some specific maker or specifications?
20220724_143914.jpg

These are both “jelly beans” of bearings, widely available and cheap. The number is all the spec you need.
Thanks, a quick look on the 'net showed me bearings with matching numbers priced from $6.99 - $42. I figured I better ask.

The price will vary based on the quality of the manufacturer. Something from first tier manufacturers such as FAG, SKF, Timken, NSK are usually going to cost you the most, but they are also the highest quality manufacturers. I consider all those manufacturers equivalent and would go with the lowest cost from any of those. I would avoid less well known brands since you don't know the quality control of them. I also recommend only buying from authorized distributors since there is a significant amount of counterfeiting in bearings worldwide, and buying from Ebay or a non-authorized reseller can be a crap shoot.

Back