Chevalier PM-3VK

Zeb123

Registered
Registered
Going to look at this, this afternoon. I think he has power to the machine as he says "new motor and phase converter. Do not know if he means VFD or rotary. He has the machine listed at 2,500.00 used condition fair. I think that is high but he may also be fishing to. The pictures on FB are poor so I will post pics after I get back. This is a large machine and would have to be shoe horned into my shop. What are y'alls thoughts?

OK the machine looks a lot better in person. It is dirty but that just means it is being used. The ways do have surface rust but links like it will clean up. Spindle tight, head quiet from high to low RPM. #hp motor rebuilt w new rotary converter as shown in pics. Kurt vice, full set of collets, clamps and what ever tooling he can find laying around. Correction on the model, it is a FM-3VK good movement in all axis with no tight spots, power Y. Power down feed works. Working DRO.

Attachments

• IMG_0410.jpeg
    IMG_0410.jpeg
    386.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0411.jpeg
    IMG_0411.jpeg
    585.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0412.jpeg
    IMG_0412.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0413.jpeg
    IMG_0413.jpeg
    407.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0414.jpeg
    IMG_0414.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0415.jpeg
    IMG_0415.jpeg
    283.3 KB · Views: 14
I guess no news is better than bad news. I took a chance and the bill will be here Saturday.

OK the machine looks a lot better in person. It is dirty but that just means it is being used. The ways do have surface rust but links like it will clean up. Spindle tight, head quiet from high to low RPM. #hp motor rebuilt w new rotary converter as shown in pics. Kurt vice, full set of collets, clamps and what ever tooling he can find laying around. Correction on the model, it is a FM-3VK good movement in all axis with no tight spots, power Y. Power down feed works. Working DRO.
If I was in the market I'd buy it with tooling for that.

Back