Clausing 8520

boneyard51

Registered
Registered
I bought a Clausing 8520 years ago and the seller thought he would help me by pulling the mill out side, but instead he let it fall over bending the dials and shafts. I’m just wondering if these are available any where or if someone has some laying around. Or is there amother Clausing machine that has the same dials and shafts. I also have some Clausing 12 inch lathe part for sale or trade.

Bones

I have checked periodically and have never seen a 8520 being parted out. I have seen clausing parts on E-bay, but I have no idea what would work, if it didn’t mention the 8520. I’ve only been looking for twenty years! lol Bones

a year or 2 ago, there were a lot of 8520 parts.
Also 8530 and 8535 which is a little more advanced with feed and coolant ends on the table.

I guess I missed them. Hope they show up, I would like to use this machine before I croak! Bones

Setup a search that will mail you when they show up.
oh, and don't search for only 8520 dial and lead screw.
search for clausing 8520, 8525, 8530, 8530
that way you cover the bases.. if you see someone throw out some parts, ask them if they have what your looking for, their might be a machine behind it.

which shaft and dial got destroyed? X , Y or Z..

Last edited:
Ok, I am not up on terms , not sure which one is which. But the dials and shafts and housings that got damaged are the one that lifts the table and the other is the one that move the table in and out. The machine fell forward and did the damage! Thanks ! Let me know if you hear of something, I contacted Clausing, nothing! I tried one time before and nothing!
I think I may be able to straighten the shafts….maybe!
Bones

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpeg
    IMG_1416.jpeg
    332.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I would try to straighten that out, it's worth a try. When I get to my computer I'll look up some videos on how using heat and an air water mixture. You can probably use a spry bottle for the water

Back