Craigslist Mn: Fs Clausing Mill

Hmmmm, too bad I've got one already. Now, if that was a Clausing 8540 horizontal mill I'd be all over it.

Boy they never go that cheap around here.
Daryl, Could you load that on the firetruck and bring it to Florida?:laughing:

Don't know about the firetruck...
But, if you pay the mileage out and back we might be able to work something out.
Might also cost you a fresh seafood dinner!

Daryl
MN

LOL, sorry didn't pay attention to the date.
Will keep my eyes open for you though.

If I can find one close to home I'd really like to know about it. I might consider an Atlas horizontal mill too. Either way I am in no hurry as I can get by with my 8520 for the time being.

I bought the one on the Minneapolis Craig's List on Sunday and am slowly dismantling it at their house (they're in White Bear Lake) so I can fit it into my Nissan Sentra. It needs to be taken apart for some serious rust removal and cleaning anyway. I'm not sure why they still have it listed. I've been looking for one of these for a long time and was shocked when it showed up on CL Sunday afternoon but not too shocked to jump on it. Terry, I know you have one of these and I may have some questions for you at some point if I run into any snags getting it up and running. Daryl, if I can't manage to get the knee off and separate the column from the foot I may need some help moving the heavy parts. They need it totally gone in about ten days. I'm going to work on it some more tomorrow and with luck I'll get it broken down sufficiently to move it by myself. They also have a very restorable 9" South Bend lathe if it's not sold already (it's still listed too). When I get it all home and get it cleaned up and put back together I'll post some pictures.

Bill Burton

Bill,
It's great that you scored a mill!
Tonight (Wednesday) I don't get off work until 6pm.
Thursday I should be able to get to White Bear Lake between 2-3pm if you'd like a hand! Let me know if I should bring anything to help move or lift stuff.
Friday through Monday my wife has me booked. I won't even see my shop. Let alone do cool stuff like facilitate a machine tool addiction.

Please advise if you want assist on Thursday. If so I'll pack dirty jeans and steel toed boots.

Daryl
MN

Back