Closed CXA Toolholders

schmidty13

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I recently bought a Haas TL-1 and put a Dorian CXA toolpost on it. It came with a "starter set" of holders, but I could use more. Currently looking for a 1" boring bar holder, a drill chuck holder, an ER or 5C collet holder, and a knurler. Let me know what you have and we can talk. Even if it's something I already have, maybe you can talk me into buying a second one! I'd also be interested in package deals that include tooling.

Got your pm .

I recently bought a Haas TL-1 and put a Dorian CXA toolpost on it. It came with a "starter set" of holders, but I could use more. Currently looking for a 1" boring bar holder, a drill chuck holder, an ER or 5C collet holder, and a knurler. Let me know what you have and we can talk. Even if it's something I already have, maybe you can talk me into buying a second one! I'd also be interested in package deals that include tooling.

I bought new from Aloris. They always have some promotion on their website. You don’t save hardly anything buying used on eBay because everybody knows what these are worth.

Sometimes the Aloris tool holders can be just a little cheaper from MSC, Ajax Tool or All Industrial on eBay.

So Chinese imports are a no go? I stayed away from those.

Things can get expensive buying new ones! Aloris charges a $5.95 handling fee for each order, so it is best to order a lot at once.

All Industrial has a 10% off promo code for new customers (subscribe10 after you register a new email address).

Once in a blue moon you can find a new Aloris tool holder on Amazon for about 10-20% off retail.

There are weird brand ones on eBay (e.g. Enco and maybe Yuasa) which are very economical.

Last edited:
I see no problem with the ones from Shars. Just increased my lot by 4 last week. I like the 4 1/4" long ones for rigidity and you can put both a boring and turning tool in the same holder at the same time if desired. Still not cheap!
Aaron

Yeah, the eBay prices are something else. Take a Dorian #2 holder; my tooling dealer sells them for $80. There is currently an eBay sale for two of them, used, for $150. :rolleyes:

I bought the 7 piece CXA kit from Aloris. All the other holders have been from Shars.
I usually replace the hold down screws with quality McMaster replacements but the last few I purchased have been fine.
Some people on Ebay think their used stuff is worth more than new.

I've found the same thing, the screws on the latest ones are quality.
Aaron

Thanks all for the input. For whatever reason I hadn't checked out Shars yet. Will do.

All of my AXA tool holders are mainland Chinese. I have never had an issue, not even with the set screws.

Back