Dial Indicator with lever

iPad mini opened all of them just fine but I couldn’t tell you why.
iPads and iPhones run iOS, a mobile OS. Nothing else does, even a MacBookPro, it runs MacOS. Forget about Windows. heic is not a very portable file.

However, I learned something, I could open the files with Preview. When I installed gimp, it took over being the default app for heic.

So a Mac can open heic with Preview, if you let it. Windows machines, generally won't be able to view heic files without some utility or gimp perhaps.

Interesting, going backwards by the sound of things. As I thought more about this yesterday I checked into my settings for my iphone camera and I have the choice to save images in either "most compatible" (jpeg) or "high efficiency" (HEIC) for more economical storage. It was set for HEIC so I just toggled it back to jpeg. Not that it really matters here but my work PC was also having trouble seeing some of my pics -- now I see why. Thanks for the tip.

The one's I've used were typically on Dial Thickness Gauges.

Attachments

• 7326s_z_jpg.png
    7326s_z_jpg.png
    913.4 KB · Views: 1
I tried but couldn't open it for some reason . :dunno: Not a Mahr is it by any chance ?
Non-Mac/Apple systems have problems with heic photos (that’s why you couldn’t use the insert tool). You need to export them as jpg to make them universal (or change the settings on your iPhone).

Back