Do you leave your TouchDRO on 24/7

When do you leave your TouchDRO adapter plugged in?

• Total voters

ycroosh

Active User
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Folks,
I'm working on a new version of the adapter board and have a design decision to make. In short, current boards are intended to be left on 24/7, so they don't have a switch. I'd appreciate if you (y'all) wold answer the question in this poll.

Regards
Yuriy

I don't power down the Touch DRO or the tablet but the tablet will go into sleep mode. It is inconsistent going into sleep mode, probably has to do with least significant digit bobble keeping it alive.

Mine is always on but like @RJSakowski the tablet goes to sleep.

I dont have your board Yuri, I have my own that I built from a stm32. However I noticed that it is draining about 0.5A all the time which is not trivial (2.5W at 5v). Turns out this is the glass scales which draw about 150mA each.
I now unplug mine when not in use. Yes a small amount of power I know but in a world where consumer electronics are driving for sub watt standby power we all got to do our bit.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

I answered on all the time, but this is not 100% the case: I usually cut the power to the TDRO when not using it (plugged into a power strip), but it does have the battery backup. I also sleep the Tablet.

For me, it's more convenient to use the power strip since I also have the work lights on it than accessing a separate switch on the TDRO box would be. The tablet is not on the power strip.

I dont have your board Yuri, I have my own that I built from a stm32. However I noticed that it is draining about 0.5A all the time which is not trivial (2.5W at 5v). Turns out this is the glass scales which draw about 150mA each.
I now unplug mine when not in use. Yes a small amount of power I know but in a world where consumer electronics are driving for sub watt standby power we all got to do our bit.

Just curious, what scales do you have? I.e. are they modern Chinese scales, or something special?

Just curious, what scales do you have? I.e. are they modern Chinese scales, or something special?
Basically the sino scales. I think they have a couple different names on them but they are all pretty much the same. Bought them on Amazon here https://a.co/d/0MSrrwZ

Is this a good time to wait to buy a board? Any big changes?

I don't power down the Touch DRO or the tablet but the tablet will go into sleep mode. It is inconsistent going into sleep mode, probably has to do with least significant digit bobble keeping it alive.
You can go to settings/display and set the time for sleep mode I think it can be hours or never.

Back