Do you need Mobil Vacuoline 1409 in small quantities?

HarryG

Active User
Registered
I found a supplier who sells a couple of Mobil products in 16 oz. bottles and may be agreeable to offering Vacuoline 1409 if he receives sufficient interest.

If you can use 1409 in these smaller containers, please contact this supplier to indicate your interest:

BRW Technologies
http://www.brwtechnologies.com

35 views and zero replies....
I guess maybe I should have asked those who contacted BRW Technologies to confirm that here. :headscratch:

Whats the Vacuoline 1409 used for ?

It's way oil.

1409 is the ORIGINAL FORMULATION for Vactra No. 2.

I don't know the exact timeframe, but Mobil changed their formulation (took out tackifiers) for Vactra No. 2, but didn't tell anyone about the change. After this caused some equipment failures, they brought back the original formula, but changed it's name to Vacuoline 1409.

If you look on PM and search for 1409, there are several threads about this.

Mobil will sell 1409, but the smallest container is 5 gal. For some of us, 5 gal. would be several lifetime's supply. :rolleyes:

I'd probably be interested in a gallon.

Do we do group buys here?

If you could get enough commitment for gallon bottles, perhaps they will fill a special order for our group.

If people lived close to me (south jersey) I'd be willing to buy a 5 gallon jug to split with others in the area(bring your own bottle).
I found it on line for $110 plus free shipping, that's $22 a gallon.

I do a group buy for 50lb of Maryland crab spice every couple of years so it isn't a big deal. Once it actually shows up everyone wants some.

Maybe we can have a crab feast when we divvy up the way oil :)

Chris

Last edited:
Harry, I actually wouldn't mind trying a 16 oz bottle just out of curiosity more than anything else. I searched high and low for it around here about a year ago with no success. But they don't ship outside the US and the one bottle would be all I ever need and certainly isn't going to be anywhere near enough to interest the supplier. Thanks for posting up the link though, I for one find it useful.

-frank

This is the best way to save money guys. I bought a bucket of special oil for my variator and ended up selling on smaller volumes to others who had the same lathe. We all saved a lot of money and I had what I needed for my own machine.

It takes some organizing but is the smart way to buy oil. Too many people try to save money and buy crappy oil. It's the cheapest thing you will use on your machines and has the largest impact on the longevity / accuracy of the machine.

Paul.

Oh and I'll add one more comment - one sign of a good machine operator or owner is the over oiling of the machines and specifically the ways. Stingy oiling has been the death of many a machine and tool. Buy more than you need and oil more often with larger volumes than you have to.

Back