Drill Rod

bug_hunter

Registered
Registered
Hey Guys,

Need a couple smallish pieces of drill rod. I know I can buy it locally in 36-inch sticks. Depending on what your looking for in return along with shipping, we may or may not be able to work something out. I need 6-inches of 3/16, and 4-inches of 1/4.

Let me know if you have anything laying around your would be willing to part with.

Thanks,

Greg

Only have some 5/16" and larger sizes (20mm) so not much help

How much do they want locally? those sizes should be under $10 a length.

Have you priced material lately?
I was looking for 1/2" aluminum bronze to make some valve guides, it's triple the price it was last time I bought it

I checked McMaster, O1 drill rod .1875" $5.52, .250" $5.54" 3' lengths. Shipping might be more than the items though.

I have O1 and W1 @ .25" but only have .1875" in stainless steel not sure but probably 304. I can send you those lengths if those alloys work for you?

Last edited:
I checked McMaster, O1 drill rod .1875" $5.52, .250" $5.54" 3' lengths. Shipping might be more than the items though.
Shipping is pretty crazy, $10.00 material costs $15.00 to ship from many places.
USPS was way cheaper than any other form of shipping.

Locally they are about $7 per 36-inch stick. Just a lot more than I really need at this time. Was hoping for a few pieces laying on the floor in someone's shop, and a first class envelope for $1.25. Thanks a bunch for all the insight.

It won't 'go off' so can be used anytime in future.
Some of the drill rod I have I bought 15 years ago, maybe longer for the 20mm dia.

Back