DRO Help

plongson

Registered
Registered
Started a new thread...
I've NEVER used a DRO...just an old crank and dial guy so...I can use some help, I don't know what these options are, and there are no directions.

What is ANTI-SHAKE
What is X-Diameter
What is JOINT

Also photo of the SETUP menu and no way (I see) to reduce the digits after the decimal point.
Any other help is appreciated!!
20240421_122636.jpg20240421_122702.jpg

I would include the make, model and if a link to the manual. I did see a manual that looked like this model but pretty rudimentary. The Anti-shake is a noise filter for vibration which often causes the last digit to jump around say when milling/turning and there is enough vibration to cause the reader head to move. some it is on/off, other is is a numerical value which sets the refresh interval and probably some averaging. I usually leave mine on. X-Diameter doubles the X axis, used in turning where you typically use a diameter measurement as opposed to radius. Joint, I am assuming is when two axis are combined, with some DRO's it combines 2 axis and on the lathe it can calculate movement in the X and Z axis if given the angle of the compound as a 3rd axis.

HA!! Exactly what I was thinking! Kind'a like the check engine light.

MKSJ...Thanks for the feedback. It helps clear up some questions. This unit was dirt cheap and seems to be of relative (Chinese) quality but time will tell. And after all, they are all made in China anyway.
I figure for my $250 investment, I can't get hurt too bad. It has the display of others that were a bit more $$ and has the same features...mostly.
My reasoning is, if the accuracy is there, I'm just not in business just jerking around in the shop.
Thanks again...

Back