DRO Z Axis Question.

confab

Registered
Registered
I recently got a three axis DRO from Ebay. The Z axis either is preoccupied and won't read the scale, or it is simply broken. Since I just got it and have never seen it work properly, I'm not sure which? Posting this in the hopes someone can look at the output and recognize what is happening and advise me. The scale is working properly, as are the other 2 axis. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you very much!! dro.jpg

PS: The output does change there. The count up self test works fine. I can set units of resolution and other items for Z in setup. Just no scale and it looks like it is preoccupied or turned off or something?

Have you tried swapping the inputs with the X or the Y to see if it's the scales or the display unit?

So, when one of the other scales are plugged into the displays z axis port, it does the same?

Double check the settings to make sure the displays z axis resolution is set to the correct resolution for the scale. 5 micron vs 1 micron. If it still doesn't work, contact the vendor.

I've bought from ToAuto before on Amazon, and dealt with a return. They took care of it and shipped me a new scale. They were pretty good.

Is there a way to do a "Factory Reset" on these things? I don't see it addressed in the manual?

It is set for linear / Mill 3 and I tried Lathe 3 also.. Now, EDM? That's a new one. I'll have to look that up.

Didn't know you could dedicate one axis to EDM.

IT WORKS!!! WOOT!!! It was a setting. I have no idea what I did, but I changed a setting in a menu that isn't covered in the manual and the Z Axis reads now.

Does anyone have a link or a line on a better, more complete, manual for this thing? OMZ, this one sucks terribly. It is basically unusable and obviously not in any way comprehensive.

Any help appreciated.

Back