Dust caps for pneumatic couplers???

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
Harbor Freight used to carry these. I can't find anything like it in a search on the web.. Anyone know where I can find them? McMaster doesn't show them either.
pneumatic_dust_cap.jpg

The standard "automotive" type couplers have a hole in the male fitting that is a perfect fit for a Q-
Tip. It keeps the bugs and dust out, is easy to remove, and sticks out far enough to notice it's in there. Not only that, they are cheap!

For things like that, I just use a piece of rubber fuel line over the male end and stick an appropriate sized bolt in the open end.

Unless you tell us which type of fitting you are running, it is hard to suggest an external cap, due to the variation in diameter and shape of the male fitting.

To keep dirt and grit out of the female connector, try using a "Caplug" tapered plug. They come in all sizes, and you might find one that fits on your male fitting, but it won't protect the outside very far from the end.

Unless you tell us which type of fitting you are running, it is hard to suggest an external cap, due to the variation in diameter and shape of the male fitting.

To keep dirt and grit out of the female connector, try using a "Caplug" tapered plug. They come in all sizes, and you might find one that fits on your male fitting, but it won't protect the outside very far from the end.
it's an industrial I/M type plug.

Back