Easiest Way To Lift A Lathe

boostin53

Registered
Registered
So I ordered another lathe last night, a Grizzly G4003g. Then I got to thinking about how I'm going to lift it. I don't have access to an engine hoist. I doubt I can use the ceiling of my garage to attach some kind of pully system with some come alongs.

I'm lost. Other than getting five people to help heave the lathe on top of the stands, I can't think of anything. Anybody have any ideas for me?

not sure of your situation but can a pallet jack be of help, Harbor Freight can be helpful, moved my bridgeport around with the pallet jack BUt you need to get it up enough to get pallet jack under it.

Im going to borrow thr pallet jack from work to wheel the crates into the garage. Still stuck with lifting the lathe to the stand.

I just bought a cheap HF Cherry Picker Engine hoist and it works great.

image_22322.jpg

image_22322.jpg

image_22322.jpg

image_22322.jpg

image_22322.jpg

image_22322.jpg

I lifted my 12x36 by building a gantry from 4x4's and a 2x10, worked great. I had to lift it 30 inches , no problem with 2 come-a-longs, one on either end

I just bought a cheap HF Cherry Picker Engine hoist and it works great.

image_22322.jpg

This was my first option. Im trying to borrow one before spending money on one. I guess my second option is to build a gantry like previously mentioned.

image_22322.jpg

image_22322.jpg

image_22322.jpg

image_22322.jpg

image_22322.jpg

Seriously, the easiest way is to pay someone else to do it for you.

"Billy G"

Seriously, the easiest way is to pay someone else to do it for you.

"Billy G"

Trying to get this done without spending money if possible. So that's out of the question. Or else I would pay somebody. Haha

Back