Enco Boring Head Help

Calandrod

Registered
Registered
Is there anyway to get this Enco 60639 boring head to fit in a Bridgeport mill? It seems to me to be far too big. I’d like to keep it if I can as I obviously need a boring head for my mill. It came with the small lathe and the Bridgeport I recently acquired. A031E206-4634-44F8-BBC9-D0343BEF87D4.jpeg6C027B2A-980D-41E2-828B-DF0E421CBFB5.jpeg5081EDE8-BEC0-47E1-880C-77BA04AC1384.jpegB854A665-E595-4451-946F-97297F903D1A.jpeg

You should be able to unscrew the shank. Is the shank solid? If so, you can turn it down and use it in a collet on the BP mill.

Sweet! Thanks. I suppose I overlooked the obvious. I’ll have to give that a try this coming weekend and see if I can figure it out.

The shank is screwed into the boring head. You will have to make one yourself because it does not match any standard shank. Do you have an instruction sheet? As I remember I uploaded a copy to this web site. If you don't find it, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will e-mail you a copy. BTW the Enco-Gamet boring and facing head is extremely high quality. They were made in France.

The shank is screwed into the boring head. You will have to make one yourself because it does not match any standard shank. Do you have an instruction sheet? As I remember I uploaded a copy to this web site. If you don't find it, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will e-mail you a copy. BTW the Enco-Gamet boring and facing head is extremely high quality. They were made in France.
Thank you! I don’t have an instruction sheet but I’ll poke around and see if I can find it.

If you can PM me, I probably have a shank for that. Just give me a measurement across the threads when you get it unscrewed and I'll see if one of mine matches.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but does anyone know where to get a shank on a 40 or 50 taper for one of these? I've got three and can't use any of them right now.

Yes the shank unscrews from the head. There is a retaining screw that on top by collar that gets screwed to the threads for locking.
Also that is a boring-facing head great tool.

So I unbolted the cap and am left with this. The threaded hole goes down about an inch or two. How should I proceed from here?EFCDE587-D795-403C-8BC2-88E955E863E0.jpeg

Hold the shank in a vise. Put a bar through the cross hole in the boring head. Unscrew the head from the shank. The shank has a male thread that screws into the top of the head. I am not sure what to make of the last photo. Maybe a Morse or B & S taper in a cylindrical adapter sleeve.

Back