End of the Year Grumps

G

Grumpy Gator

Forum Guest
Register Today
They should put sub-titles on the Russian Car Crash videos. I can tell by the colorful tone of their voices that they are not too happy.
I know it's not much of a grump, but it's the best I got at the moment.
**G**

Well, that didn't last long.
Swmbo calls on the way home informing me that "The car is getting hard to steer and running warm." She tells me she is only a mile away and thinks she can make it to the yard.
I tell her not to let it get hot and drive safe. 10 minutes later she pulls in. I pop the hood and access the damage. No serpentine belt and the water pump is toast.
On a normal car an easy fix. But this is a Taurus with sideways motor.
I'm 6'3" 240lbs. Heck, I can't even get my hand between the motor and the fender well. This is going to be a chore.
I'm out of here to check U-Tube for tips.
If you here a scream just ignore it, it will just be me skinning another knuckle.
**G**

After taking off half of the motor I get to the water pump.
water pump 002.JPG
water pump 003.JPG
I think I found the problem.
**G**

also note that the parts you are missing may be inside somewhere. Helping to clog other areas so keep eye on thing. Also check the backing plate there, Make sure none of the holes are close to going through. I have seen where they have wound up with pin holes that form and start putting coolant int the oil

Obama care's killing me
Jacked my premium $100.00 a month

Last edited:
At times I would swear that they should make it where the guys that engineer these things should have to work on them for a while, then they would make it easier to get to things.

At times I would swear that they should make it where the guys that engineer these things should have to work on them for a while, then they would make it easier to get to things.

I agree. Had to have entire dash removed on my Jeep just to replace the heater core. Would have cost me $1000 at the dealers. The guy that did do it didn't do a great job of putting it back together. But he was cheap enough and at least I have heat through the defrost. Will get me through the winter anyway.

I agree. Had to have entire dash removed on my Jeep just to replace the heater core. Would have cost me $1000 at the dealers. The guy that did do it didn't do a great job of putting it back together. But he was cheap enough and at least I have heat through the defrost. Will get me through the winter anyway.

Been there... done that... AIN'T gonna do it again... When I did mine, I pulled a groin muscle trying to re-engage the steering shaft into the u-joint where it goes through the firewall... I hurt for 3 weeks... and couldn't even climb into the jeep to drive it (4 inch lift with 33" tires).

-Bear

Just some general observations on the Ford Taurus:
1. If you have to put the engine in sideways then make the whole front clip and hood pivot like a tractor-trailer.
2. If the motor sits between the frame rails do not use bolts that secure accessories {Power steering, alternator, AC compressor} that are so long you have to jack up the motor to clear the frame.
3. Gaskets { A gasket is a mechanical seal which fills the space between two or more mating surfaces, generally to prevent leakage from or into the joined objects while under compression.} If you must use RTV gasket seal only apply to the part that comes off as this will prevent standing on your head in the engine bay trying to scrape crude off the block.
***Just Saying***G***

Back