Engineers Black Book Handy Information

Darn, ok thanks. I suspected the EBB didn't have it but I was hoping the US/metric Fastener Black Book listed pitch diameter. I can't find any local book store that has the US/metric Fastener Black Book in stock to check, only other versions. Of course I do have a MH but it be great to a have a smaller book for the things I use often.

Darn, ok thanks. I suspected the EBB didn't have it but I was hoping the US/metric Fastener Black Book listed pitch diameter. I can't find any local book store that has the US/metric Fastener Black Book in stock to check, only other versions. Of course I do have a MH but it be great to a have a smaller book for the things I use often.

Exactly my thoughts, Will. I'm pretty close to picking up the 29th or 30th MH since it supposedly has much more metric info now...but I don't really need the rest. Not now and I already have a 16th edition. I'm not going CNC anytime either. Something small like that Fastener Black Book would be sweet.

Exactly my thoughts, Will. I'm pretty close to picking up the 29th or 30th MH since it supposedly has much more metric info now...but I don't really need the rest. Not now and I already have a 16th edition. I'm not going CNC anytime either. Something small like that Fastener Black Book would be sweet.

Oh interesting, I didn't know that or even think about older versions having less metric info. I have the 28th edition in tool box size & pdf, it's got plenty of metric info. I do have a 1st edition reproduction that I got for Christmas one year but never even opened it up. I'm still hoping that the Fastener Black book has what we want!

Yep. Very, very limited Metric info. I was disappointed. I bought it at a good price right when I started to get into machining but didn't look totally through it. Oh well. I do like rereading it now and then. I have used it many times already for imperial info and Morse taper info. It'tis what it'tis, my friend. Flustered

I just emailed them about pitch dia info. Will post back here if I receive an answer.

:big grin: I emailed them a few hours ago. Forgot about it. I had asked about Metric max, min diameters and max, min pitch diameters.
Just got a reply.

"Our Fastener Black Book does list this Metric Fine/Coarse Major/Minor information in part, however, our new Engineers Black Book - 3rd Edition INCH has a must more extensive list of this exact information you are after."

From what I've read around the web they don't list metric max & min pitch diameters and no tolerance ranges. Methinks I'll pick up a more recent MH in large print. :encourage:

Back