EVER SEE ONE OF THESE?????

I was wondering the same thing- how is it supposed to work? (When it works)
Doesn't the dealer have to snip wires to install it?

Last edited:
no, the steering wheel isnt blocked its a 94 geometro

OK.... So there is no electrical interlock that's going to prevent the key from turning. If the steering wheel lock pin is not bound, I think I'd stop chasing wires and look at the lock cylinder. Get the key to physically turn first, then if you're missing electrical functions, at that point I might be more inclined to suspect the electro lock. I'd probably remove it anyhow, as old aftermarket things wired into critical functions is never a good thing, but I don't think it's going to solve this issue.

ok so how would I go about getting rid of that elecrolock thing????I tried unplugging it and it wouldnt unplug so thats out! the wires from that unit lead into the steering column. and from thier who knows??? am wondering if I couldnt just cut the wires from that black box

oh and BTW I just started the car ................go figure!

ok so how would I go about getting rid of that elecrolock thing????I tried unplugging it and it wouldnt unplug so thats out! the wires from that unit lead into the steering column. and from thier who knows??? am wondering if I couldnt just cut the wires from that black box

oh and BTW I just started the car ................go figure!
The wires may go into some obscure location to the after market module. We had to remove access panels sometimes to remove said module. It depends on the installer and qhere he chose to put the thing.
The kit comes with plenty of wire to give the installer many options as these are designed to be put in just about any automobile.
Based on the pic of the “key”, you have a non factory anti theft device that should be removed.
Take the vehicle to a retailer that sells alarm systems and stereos, etc.

This really is as simple as that.

I qualify my opinion as a retired general manager of a Ford dealer for 35 years.

In my mind if it is easy to uninstall/disable then it isn't much of a security device.
For the function I'd want to make it as difficult to remove as possible.
Also, if the install requires snipping wires, then the uninstall must involve re-connecting those same wires..... shouldn't it?
Brian

thanx for the replys and back to the question, can the wires coming from the female unit under the dash be severed??

Back