First Arbor Press Dake 2-1/2

G-ManBart

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I've wanted an arbor press for quite some time now but it hasn't been the top of my list so I've been sort of waiting for a deal. I've bid on many at auctions and come oh so close several times, and looked at some in person that had hard lives so I walked away, but this week it was my turn. I saw it at an auction 3 hours away so I went conservative...and wound up winning anyway. Luckily, it was an easy drive and they had it on a pallet ready to load when I got there. I don't think I was there for 10 minutes...pulled in, they set it in the bed, I put a couple of straps on it to keep it from moving and headed home.

It's a Dake 2-1/2 compound ratcheting 6T model. I'd really like a floor model, but I'm sure this will do anything I need, and if I get a floor model I don't think I'll have a hard time moving this. It appears to have seen very little use. Other than needing a handle (15 minute lathe project I did today) it could just use a bit of cleaning. I'll probably paint it at some point since it's so nice, but I'm not in a rush. I have a lathe cabinet painting project waiting so I may do both at the same time.

I temporarily bolted it to one of my fab tables and I'm thinking of making a small 2x2' table just for the press. When I'm using my hydraulic press I'm always looking for a place to set things, so I think a small table might make it more useful. I used an existing hole in the table or I would have the front overhang out where it should be. Here's a pic of it on its temporary home...background is my Clausing 6913 I'm starting to partially overhaul.

IMG_3854.JPG

Nice score. That is a good sized one.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Nice press, probably the last one you'll ever need. If you put it on a stand, be sure to anchor it to the floor or a wall.

Back