- Very little rust
- Everything moves smoothly and easily
- Almost no run-out, and very little play in the Y and Z axis
- 3-4 layers of paint on most of the machine (and it was painted as a whole piece)
- Because of the excess paint, I'm having a hard time disassembling everything
- The X axis got stuck after I started removing parts
I have a few questions for the community:
- Have any of you restored one of these? I can't find much info about them on the web.
- I've never liked "Tool Room Grey" and since I'm not planning selling this guy when I'm done, I'm thinking about doing it in navy blue (with white accents for the lettering and some of the other bits). I'm planning on using engine enamel from a spray paint can. What brands have y'all tried? Is there a great one to use, and others to avoid?
- It didn't come with any accessories. It there a good place (other than eBay) to find the various attachment for this machine?