Got Caught In The Portland Naked Bike Ride Saturday Night

alloy

Dan, Retired old fart
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Well...................if that wasn't bad enough my grand daughter was with me.

I was at Jim Dawson's during the day working on my mill and left early to have dinner with my grand daughter before shes leaves for school in Hawaii for 3 years.

To say the least it was uncomfortable. She wanted to go to a new place her friend just opened. We got caught at a stop light and sat there for over an hour before some kind person stopped the bike riders and let us cross the street to get the heck out of there. I'd say over 2000 of them passed us and the line seemed endless.

As naked "people" passed right by us our conversation was interesting. We tried everything to keep off the subject in front of us, but finally we just gave in and laughed about it.

There were some interesting bikes there, and even more interesting people.

I'm not sure I'd do it again on purpose, but we have a memory we can laugh about for many years to come.

With few exceptions.................yes you are better off :)

Thank God your granddaughter is an adult. The worst part is that you can't un-see a lot of that. But it was an interesting time with your granddaughter and as you said, good memories.

That's getting to be a real freak show across the river. :cautious:

"That's getting to be a real freak show across the river. :cautious:"
That's what I'd call it.

Where's that 2000 bike pile up when you need it, now that would have been laughable.
America's rapidly declining morals has consequences, not good ones.

Why is it everyone I know feels the same and still the decline is accelerating?
I don't think that question can be answered without getting into politics, which is a no-no. But, if we employ a little LIBERAL THINKING, we can probably pin point the main cause. ;)

Tom

Back