Got lucky tramming

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I did the mill, and lathe today, the mill took minimal adjustment, I thought the cylinder square showed that it was really close, but it wasn't. .016 on the Y, X was right on. Both are now 0-0. The lathe came right in with minimal fuss, just tensioning the tail stock set screws. I do not have anything that is critical, so I'll do a 2 collar test when that time comes.

I find sometime I need to slightly adjust the tailstock to compensate for deviation from the cutting pressure, mostly if you are chasing very accurate diameters along the length of your work supported by the tailstock. I have yet to have encountered a Sunmaster lathe owner that has needed to align their headstock, they seem to come spot on from the factory despite the long trips when they get delivered. Hopefully you are enjoying you new lathe and mill, doing some might nice work these days.
Mark

Thank you, I'm loving the the 2 ACRAs, the 1440, and the 9x50. SADOKU would be much more cost effective to keep my mind going, but this is way more fun.

Wish I could get lucky Mike , but you know the story . :(:grin:

Back