Grinding Rest

Moe6931

Registered
Registered
Hi All,

Here's my version of the Harold Hall grinding rest. Just finished today! I still need to make the accessories for it and might have to modify the (home made) pedestal grinder to fit it but the hard work is done.

There aren't many better ways to spend the holidays :))

Moe6931

IMG_0770.JPGIMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG IMG_0771.JPG

Nice work Moe! Isn't Harold Hall they fella that wrote the Tool and Cutter Sharpening book in the Workshop Practice Series?

John

Nice work. How many hours went into that piece of art?

Nice work. How many hours went into that piece of art?

Oh that took months! I have to fit it into day job, study, family (not necessarily in that order either...)

Yes jgedde, Harold Hall did write the tool and cutter sharpening book but this project is out of his "Milling - A complete course". He's also got a website about it with some mods but I found it too late to incorporate them.

Regards,

Moe

Nice job, Moe! I'm anxious to hear how it works for you.

I have one about 2/3 complete. Have to remake the dovetailed bits as mine didn't come out right. Still have to slot the top as well. I got fustrated with it and packed it away. That will be my first project when the weather warms up again.

+1 on the really nice,Moe!

Chuck

Has anyone used theirs yet?

I've studied the drawings in both the milling and grinding books, but I was wondering about the thin angle forming the bottom part, and whether vibration might cause chatter at the grinding wheel.

Here's my version of the Harold Hall grinding rest.

That looks really good! I've been pondering making that for some time now. I guess that will be my next project. What are going to do next?

By the way ... I own the entire set of the "Workshop Practice Series". I wanted it for my kids. None of them give a hoot about my shop; however, I have found those book to be very helpful.

Back