Hand truck restore for Fathers Christmas

thats funny I just did the same with an 1800's grinding wheel ya pump. good work Chuck saving another...

Brother you cant find a new car that can sit out in the weather as long as that cast iron has.... I see value in most anything old. I dont like yard selling round here cause no one has anything rusty ahaha. Same with my 59 bridgy. It's old and wore out but it's like twice my age and it sure aint scrap junk. In fact, it never will be long as I am alive. I mean just look at the pitts and rough parts on the wheels, thats straight up rough casting. Holes in the cast and all and they cleaned it up and sent it out.

Today everything is icicle slick and nothing but junk.

IMO if it's made of old cast iron, it has value above scrap prices

very nice work Chuck. Did you bend, carve or laminate those bent handles on?

Cheers Phil

No sir I paid for those. I dont even own a belt sander. I like to think I'm smart enough to pick my battles and I fear I would have lost that fight. I have never worked with wood at all really and I would have ruined more money in wood then handles cost.

35 bucks on ebay for some Oak plow handles.

I only made the cross sections. You can see in the pictures my set up for milling the tabs on the cross section. Just mill, flip over, mill, flip end to end, mill flip over, mill, remove and repeat. Then I hand filed the round ends top and bottom.

Your Dad is a lucky guy. That is the kind of gift that money can't buy. You did a beautiful job.

Darrell

Back