Harmonic Vibration At 1000rpm

Str8jacket (please sign posts, or set up you signature by hovering your mouse pointer over your User ID at top right of screen, sliding pointer down to and clicking on Signature, and adding at least your name),

Every time you or anyone replies to a thread, that thread moves up the screen to top of list. So there is no way to know what thread was just before this one the instant before you pressed POST REPLY.
If you'll say the thread name, I'll go and look at it. The thread below yours when I opened it to read was about the Clausing 5418.

Ummm, and your signature is.......?

Stan,
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert D., of course.

I was actually just being a smart a$$, but maybe sig's just aren't showing up on my phone/tapatalk??

Stan,

Hmm, my sig, which I set up in Tapatalk, shows up in Tapatalk and on the web view in the 'body' of the post. Your (and others) sig's don't show up in Tapatalk and on the web view show up in a separate area below the 'body' of the post.
Sorry for the derail....

Stan,

Ah, OK. That's possible. Do you see the status and command bar below any post? The background color of the bar varies depending upon which display style you are using. At the left end, just to the right of your avatar, there should be a check box. To the right of that the poster's User ID, minutes since post or date of post, and two to five command buttons. At the right end is the post number and two command buttons (Quote and Reply). You might try a different style. Except in the Classifieds Forum, right at the bottom left of screen you should see the name of your current Style. Click on that and a two-column list should appear.

OK. That must be where the "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" comes from.

Yep, that's interesting; added a dig on the web and it shows up below the body of the post on the web but doesn't show in Tapatalk.
Going to try changing the style and see what happens. In default style on web.

Stan,

Put my name in sig as requested. Still wont show up on my phone? I have never seen anyones signiture when using my phone?

Anyway my lathe looks basically the same as Krolls 1965 roundhead that he is stripping down and cleaning up.

Ben,

OK. Thanks. If you have occasion to look at the site with a regular browser, you'll see it. I have no idea why Tapatalk doesn't show it but apparently it isn't just your phone..

Your machine is a 15" (in US practice). Am I correct in assuming that it's a (Clausing assigned, I think) 6570 Series (single-speed motor) or 6530 Series (2-speed motor)? We have a rather confusing manual on the 13" variants but nothing I can find on the 15" ones. And we have a catalog that shows the 13", 15" and 17" versions along with the Model Numbers of all. Which is where I got the 6530/6570 from. What I was interested in finding was a picture of the bearings. Straight Roller (and needle) bearings come in three types. The first is what I think your guy quoted, where the bearing consists of an inner race, the rollers (with or without a cage) and an outer race. The second has just the rollers and the outer race. The third has only the rollers (with cage). Perhaps the originals in your machine were of the second or third type? Have you called Clausing about them?

Back