Heavy Metal CNC Manuals/Documentation

BuddyBleckley

Registered
Registered
Hey y'all! First post here!

My name is Buddy Bleckley and I'm out in Los Angeles, I work in the film industry doing motion control robotics and I recently purchased an new in box LMS 4090 with the Heavy Metal CNC conversion kit.

Basically it looks like someone bought the kit in 2020 or 2019, and never opened it. I got it for a good price, but after purchasing I found that Bruce at Heavy Metal CNC has passed and Heavy Metal has disperesed. I've been searching off and on for the last few weeks trying to uncover any manuals or details about the HM kits, but i'm coming up short.

If anyone has the manuals or documents for the Little Machine Shop conversion for the 4090 mill then please let me know! I'm not sure if the kit I have is complete or if I need to make any holes in the mill to install it. Right now the mill is perfectly functional as a manual mill, an don't want to get a few hours or days into converting it to realize I'm missing a limit switch or some custom part.

I also have some general questions about getting it set up and what software is supported by the cnc controller that I'd love to get some feedback on.

If its easier, send me an email buddy @ LA CinemaRobotics dot com.

Hello and welcome.

Most CNC conversions use the same basic components. Controller, steppers, limit switches, ballscrews, etc. I can’t comment on this particular kit but if you do robotics professionally converting your mill should be fairly easy for you.

Once you can post some pictures of what you have, also taking an inventory should help.

I’m still looking for someone that wants to buy my CNC project so if you are short on parts let me know. I might just part out what I have since my space is limited and manual machining is more my style.

John

Back