Hemingway Quorn Mk3

Finished up a few operations I need to take pictures of and upload. Yesterday I finished out the motor pully lathe operations, and now I need to cut the keyway. Ill post pictures of that as well. Thinking about taking a cut off wheel (dremel) to a HSS parting blade to cut clearance into the blade, and then using that in the lathe to cut the keyway. I don't have a spindle lock, but I guess low gear should hold it stationary enough for the process.

The cutting edge of the parting blade is narrower than the keyway I need to cut, so my plan was to hold the parting blade horizontal in a QCTP holder, and plunge cut the keyway with Z, adjusting depth with X. Then without moving the headstock, Move the QCTP holder up/down to plunge to the keyway width.

Just typing this has made me second guess on weather or not I cut the pully to the correct internal angle. will need to look into that later, but will include pics.

Been a while. Got some shop time today, and engraved the 50 indices on the micrometer adjustment knob.

Looks great! What did you cut the graduations with? I have a part I want lines like that on. I've done it on other things with an engraving type bit, 90 degree point v-shaped, but I think that yours looks better. I have an indexer, so that part is set.

Back