• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you tilt the seal, the bottom will start to move outward but never come completely out. The top will hit first. I have never had a problem doing it this way.

"Billy G"

This is what the spindle shaft will look like. The 25 X 1.5 is the ER 20 Collet Nut thread. I don't think I will get to this today.

"Billy G"

102_0488 (800 x 531).jpg

I'm within .007 of the finish bearing surfaces. I am letting it cool dowm and see exactly where it is. After cooling it will probably be a polish operation.

"Billy G"

102_0489 (800 x 531).jpg

Bearing fit is dead on. It took a light tapping with a dead blow hammer to get them on. It will be easy to get them off. If the bearings ever need changing heat will get them off.. That allen screw is the oil fill plug.

"Billy G"

102_0490 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
3/4-10 threads are done. Single point tool needed stoning, I did them anyway. I will chase the threads tomorrow. Need to add the keyway and this end is done.

"Billy G"

102_0492 (800 x 531).jpg

Threads chased. Tomorrow we do the end you see here. That will complete the Wheel Spindle.

"Billy G"

102_0493 (800 x 531).jpg

Thank you Andy. It's been a long day everyone. See you tomorrow.

"Billy G"

Bill, 436 members have read or looked at your thread. That's a pretty good percentage of the membership. Nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back