HomemadeTools.net

That's an interesting strategy. Since we're essentially just featuring others' videos, I would say you might try asking them directly, perhaps via private message on YouTube. The upside is that whenever they embedded their video on a forum, your site would be mentioned. I know Banggood is doing something like this.

It's intended to further the educational mission of our site by helping to promote educational videos.
An additional plus for those who produce the videos is that they will be placed prominently in the video library when it returns. Those videos are run from links to YouTube, which results in the producer receiving royalties every time they are run.
We are not interested in the income, and will share the videos with every site, as is the case with all the information we have.

This will be a standing offer to anyone who produces educational machine-oriented videos.

My frustration level with the Homemadetools.net site is to the point I'm considering my bank and canceling the debit for my membership. I paid for the yearly subscription and verified that PayPal has already debited my bank for the $69 but every time I try to link to the plans i keep getting sent back to the page that wants money for subscriptions. I have done the password change and all that has been asked of me to do and still am caught in the continues loop. I see no way to contact an administrator, so I am beginning to think I have been scammed. Is the site still a legitimate site and do they really have the plans that were promised for the paid members? Please excuse my frustration but I am exhausted trying to get what I paid for.

My frustration level with the Homemadetools.net site is to the point I'm considering my bank and canceling the debit for my membership. I paid for the yearly subscription and verified that PayPal has already debited my bank for the $69 but every time I try to link to the plans i keep getting sent back to the page that wants money for subscriptions. I have done the password change and all that has been asked of me to do and still am caught in the continues loop. I see no way to contact an administrator, so I am beginning to think I have been scammed. Is the site still a legitimate site and do they really have the plans that were promised for the paid members? Please excuse my frustration but I am exhausted trying to get what I paid for.
I used to get daily emails, but have't for almost two years. I just went to the site, got the homepage asking me to join, selected Forum, logged in (my free username & password still worked), picked a forum, selected a thread and got this:

20240429 HMT CAPTCHA.png

After going through this about ten times, I scrolled down and expanded this message:

About this page
Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot. Why did this happen?
This page appears when Google automatically detects requests coming from your computer network which appear to be in violation of the Terms of Service. The block will expire shortly after those requests stop. In the meantime, solving the above CAPTCHA will let you continue to use our services.
This traffic may have been sent by malicious software, a browser plug-in, or a script that sends automated requests. If you share your network connection, ask your administrator for help — a different computer using the same IP address may be responsible. Learn more
Sometimes you may be asked to solve the CAPTCHA if you are using advanced terms that robots are known to use, or sending requests very quickly.
IP address: [redacted by me]
Time: 2024-04-29T12:38:37Z
URL:

It seems that "Google" doesn't like me having my Watch Later YouTube tab open, even though YT is Google?

To test this theory, I opened a Private Window in Safari, re-logged in and didn't have any issues:

20240429 HMT Forum Thread.png

Seems they are having more issues than I want to put up with: I've gotten along without them for two years, so I guess I can live without them going forward.

Oh, you should be able to go to PayPal, tell them that the "Seller" isn't providing the promised service and get your money back.

Oh, you should be able to go to PayPal, tell them that the "Seller" isn't providing the promised service and get your money back.
ChazzC and anyone else who reads this post - I contacted Jon (the site administrator by email and requested a refund and also to not re-new my subscription at the end of this year. He quickly responded by email and said he refunded my money and canceled my future renewal. I certainly commend him for his quick response and taking care of business. I emailed him back and suggested that they correct the problem with the site because I am not the only one who is having trouble with their site. The core idea of the site is excellent but the execution after the sale is terrible. I would have loved to be a continuing supporting member of the site but not the way it is executed. Well, I have beat the horse enough. On with the show.

Last edited:
Back