Hope for basement machinists

Fully understand that C-bag . :encourage: If I pulled the Vidmars and roll arounds , The Kubota FEL , the 3 four wheelers , the zero turns and tractors out of the garage I would have more space than needed for the equipment . But then again , I wouldn't have all of the above when needed . I firmly believe space is the limiting factor here , If I owned a 2000 sq ft building , there would be 6000 sq ft of things residing inside it . :bang head:

So true Dave. It has taken me most of my life to truly understand what has to go and what is something that is useful. Whats interesting to me is when I let go of the desire for the biggest and best truly insane deals kept showing up to test my resolve :)

My current shop is yes, in the basement, but so is the garage with double doors between them. No problems. I'm currently (next two or three weeks) going to decide (have decided for me) if I can build a hobby wood shop in an upstairs bedroom, in a different country. The lady of the house seems to want me to stay around....little does she know, I'd stay without a shop. By local rules I can only 'reside' there 90 days out of 180. We're working toward one month here, one there...I do all the traveling.
Gotta stock up on Euro's for used machinery. She located a "great" table saw for me yesterday.

My current shop is yes, in the basement, but so is the garage with double doors between them. No problems. I'm currently (next two or three weeks) going to decide (have decided for me) if I can build a hobby wood shop in an upstairs bedroom, in a different country. The lady of the house seems to want me to stay around....little does she know, I'd stay without a shop. By local rules I can only 'reside' there 90 days out of 180. We're working toward one month here, one there...I do all the traveling.
Gotta stock up on Euro's for used machinery. She located a "great" table saw for me yesterday.
Is that a 53 Studebaker commander?

I would really like to have a basement. But nope, a crawl space under a 1600 sq ft manufactured home. Have spent way too much time under there, hooking up wiring, plumbing, ductwork, networking, etc. If I thought I could excavate under there and keep the house intact, I would ...

"It is, purchased 6 Jan 1959. restored 2000-2002. Haven't driven it lately. 232 3 speed with OD."

We have your cars older sister :eagerness: 1949 Studebaker Champion Regal Deluxe Starlight Coupe.

Attachments

• Resized_20200821_132018(1).jpeg
    Resized_20200821_132018(1).jpeg
    515.5 KB · Views: 20
Basement shop guy here. Yes, the machine load-ins require a bit of extra planning, but very doable.
Here is how I did mine:

The temperature is pretty stable, it varies about 10-15 degrees F year round but fluctuates very little, day to day, week to week.
It's great to have a shop so close to home!

Back