How does this work?

sundown57

Registered
Registered
found this at a yard sale. thought it was a set like holder and collets.got it home and can't figure it out. some of the holders seem to be the right size but i can't figure out how they lock in. Other holders are too small and i don't see an adaptor. What the heck did I buy? anyone, what to buy it from me? lol

Attachments

• IMG_2879.JPG
    IMG_2879.JPG
    282.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2878.JPG
    IMG_2878.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 75
I may be completely wrong, but, at a guess it looks like rotary broach & holders

one holder has a tap stuck in it and a lot of them have a square on the back side so im guessing they are for holding taps . i did finally figure out how to get it to lock. but still dont know how to use the smaller ones

i looked up the part number and it just says quick change tool holder

They look like tap holders from r a tapping arm. The other piece the clutch mechanism??

It’s a tension compression tapping chuck. Each of those heads is for a specific tap shank size. Tap goes in adapter, adapter goes in chuck, chuck goes in mill. When you start tapping the tap has some axial play in case the feed is a little too fast or slow. Mostly used on cnc mills without rigid tapping. Cool gizmo to have though and crazy thing to find at a yard sale!

Back