I loaned the clamp for my taper attachment out...

Ultradog MN

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
About 6 months ago.
Just got it back. A fellow I've gotten to know over the last year has the same lathe as mine. He is restoring his. It had the taper attachment but the clamp was missing. So he used my clamp and copied it. Kind of a labor of love.
He made it out of mild steel.
You've got to admire a man who would go to such lengths to make such a beautiful copy.
I think once he gets the correct nuts/washers on top and it is painted it will.
easily pass as an original part.
How bout a round of applause for a true craftsman.

Attachments

• Resized_20220306_160650(1).jpeg
    Resized_20220306_160650(1).jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 198
  • Resized_20220306_160637(1).jpeg
    Resized_20220306_160637(1).jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 189
Looks great!
I was afraid from the title of the thread is was going to be a deal gone wrong story.
Good to know there are talented and trustworthy folks out there.
Only way I’d loan my semi-unobtanium machine parts out is if they stayed within range of 7.62x54 LOL

Looks great!
I was afraid from the title of the thread is was going to be a deal gone wrong story.
Good to know there are talented and trustworthy folks out there.
Only way I’d loan my semi-unobtanium machine parts out is if they stayed within range of 7.62x54 LOL
My "go to" line is "My unobtanium is VERY precious to me. If you want to borrow my unobtanium, I need a piece of your unobtanium in exchange." I get to pick their piece of unobtanium. If they don't offer it up, my unobtanium stays put.

Bruce

Somebody ought to make a casting of those brackets, they are a commonly sought item
It looks like the bracket for a Monarch 10EE. If so, someone has made a casting and they are available. I did the 2D CAD drawing for the machining dimensions for him. I just talked to him. They sell for about $75 shipped. Has three in stock but can get additional runs of castings done if there is demand. He takes PayPal.

Martin Model & Pattern

It looks like the bracket for a Monarch 10EE. If so, someone has made a casting and they are available. I did the 2D CAD drawing for the machining dimensions for him. I just talked to him. They sell for about $75 shipped. Has three in stock but can get additional runs of castings done if there is demand. He takes PayPal.

Martin Model & Pattern
You are pretty close but it is for a 12 CK.

Last edited:
Does anyone have dimensions for a 13 taper clamp.
Hello Patrick.
Welcome to the forums.
It would be best if you told us what brand of lathe you have.
Or, repost it in the appropriate manufacturer's forum.

Back