I will be in Troy, OH in March and April of 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikmannie

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Hi! I am going to welding school at Hobart in Troy, OH in March and April of 2020.

When I am home, I often have people over in my shop to either work on their projects or my own. It is really fun! Maybe if someone near Troy, OH wants a buddy to work in the shop with him, you can text me at (707)293-8973. I go to school M-F 7:30 AM-4 PM. My only plan on the evenings and weekends was to read Machinery's Handbook. I am not looking for a job here. The best way that it has worked for me is if two productive adults who are enthused about metalworking work together, then usually both people find themselves enriched.

I know MIG, TIG, stick, gas, mill, lathe and all things relating to bicycles.

If nobody responds, I am more than fine to read my book.

I'm pretty close to Troy (did a lot of service work at Hobart), but my work has me really tied down and have some serious family issues. Would have been nice to at least meet.
Good luck at school. I've always heard good things about Hobart's classes.

I'm pretty close to Troy (did a lot of service work at Hobart), but my work has me really tied down and have some serious family issues. Would have been nice to at least meet.
Good luck at school. I've always heard good things about Hobart's classes.

The classes that I want to take will span over 42 weeks, and I can only get away 8 weeks a year, so I will be headed back there 4-5 more times. Maybe next year or a year after that.

Last edited:
I'm about 1 hr north of Troy, and if you get bored I have a broom that will fit your hands. :grin: lol.

I’ll tell ya what, how about you sweep your own shop & I’ll sweep mine?

After being here at Hobart, I see that there is much more homework (usually reading) than I expected.

This, together with the fact that reading Machinery’s Handbook is still a very high priority, I don’t imagine that I will be available to follow up on this idea.

At this point, I’m going to request that a moderator close this thread.

Last edited:
And now there is weekend homework!

That idea went sideways in a hurry! If you change your mind, I have a special broom with custom grips and a built in book holder. :grin:

That idea went sideways in a hurry! If you change your mind, I have a special broom with custom grips and a built in book holder. :grin:

I have spent a great deal of time, money and hard work on my education, and I won’t be pushing a broom in somebody else’s shop unless I am paid what I am worth. Thanks anyway, and good luck in your future endeavors.

Like I said, some of the best times that I have had have been two mature adults working together in a shop. I do this in my shop all the time, and it is always a win/win. I didn’t imagine that I would have to point out that the two guys would be expected to treat each other as equals.

Last edited:
This thread has been locked at the request of the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back