I woke up late and made my coffee too strong. Day is ruined.

Strong coffee in America? Nah! impossible.
I’m in somewhat the same conundrum. We’re in the middle of overhauling the backyard which has been on the wanndo list for 15yrs. One of the big things is a new shed to replace the 8x10 crappy metal generic garden shed. I am also NOT a wood guy but nobody makes a reasonable 12x12x11 metal shed. So I‘m going through all kinds of mental contortions to try and fill the bill. The closest is one of those 12x12 wood barns but they are expensive and the way they put those “kits” together I’ll bet way over half the 2x4’s are junk.

Good luck with your shed. I suffer from how I would deal with the screwups that nobody else but me would see every time I go in the shed.
I didnt trust my wood skills for my shed so I built my 6mx6m shed from steel square tube.
The base was 25x50mm welded up square on the slab, tabs welded on to bolt to the slab, 50mm square for the uprights 2m high welded in situ, verticals every 2m, top square from 25mm sq, welded on top.
2 doors fabricated from 25mm sq tube in the centre of the end wall 4m wide.
25x25mm tube running around all the walls at mid height. Every square opening triangulated with 25x25mm tube.
The roof was a triangle only 1.3m height at the apex but again triangulated for strength, fabricated on the floor then raised and welded on top of the 5mm verticals in situ, 2 ridge poles 25x25mm full length and a full length 25x25 tube welded half way up.
Everything was welded in place and made a very rigid structure.
I scoured the for sale ads for people getting rid of their old sheds for the sheeting most of which was given away.
It was very easy to build and the only help required was someone to hold the end on the roof trusses in place so I could set the other end and brace them for welding.
Gas shielded mig it was a very fast build and has survived 2 cyclones so far.

Strong coffee in America? Nah! impossible.

I didnt trust my wood skills for my shed so I built my 6mx6m shed from steel square tube.
The base was 25x50mm welded up square on the slab, tabs welded on to bolt to the slab, 50mm square for the uprights 2m high welded in situ, verticals every 2m, top square from 25mm sq, welded on top.
2 doors fabricated from 25mm sq tube in the centre of the end wall 4m wide.
25x25mm tube running around all the walls at mid height. Every square opening triangulated with 25x25mm tube.
The roof was a triangle only 1.3m height at the apex but again triangulated for strength, fabricated on the floor then raised and welded on top of the 5mm verticals in situ, 2 ridge poles 25x25mm full length and a full length 25x25 tube welded half way up.
Everything was welded in place and made a very rigid structure.
I scoured the for sale ads for people getting rid of their old sheds for the sheeting most of which was given away.
It was very easy to build and the only help required was someone to hold the end on the roof trusses in place so I could set the other end and brace them for welding.
Gas shielded mig it was a very fast build and has survived 2 cyclones so far.
My mental contortions have run the gamut of buying two 8x10‘ HC shipping containers, endless shed shopping online dodging hi pressure sales zombies to big box letdowns. As usual what I’m trying to get away with while trying to comply and not go down the permit rathole keeps complicating an already impossible task given the weird pie shaped lot we‘re on because we are on a cul de sac.

My first experiment with a shed was 7x10 tent shed my SO bought in a yard sale. We needed something quick and easy and it was that. Then the tent died after 3yrs and because it had a good frame I decided to skin it with galvanized corrugated steel. It did the job and was water proof and cost the same as what a new tent cover would have been! The complication was making a door. I had some 1” square tubing and fabbed a frame and skinned it with the same corrugated. Much better than the stupid tent flap. But time consuming.

My latest dream is a Quonset/Nissen shed design using two 14’ dead(free) trampoline frames, cut in half, set off the ground with 4’ sides and tied together using the legs and metal framing studs as stringers and covered with 5v galvalume. Typically CL has an assortment of free trampolines but now that I want two free frames it’s all quiet. The pad for the shed it is still not started so guess it is a waiting game.

We finally just broke down and bought a nice shed and poured a slab for it. We have had several ghetto sheds (pole/tarp contraptions) and have a 20’ conex for the Kubota. The pole tents all failed either getting repeatedly blown over in storms or crushed by a combination of snow/sleet.

This is the wife’s “she shed”….., or so she thinks.

If I can get 10% of the assorted *******t out of the garage I’ll be happy.

The day it was delivered.

IMG_3994.jpeg

We finally just broke down and bought a nice shed and poured a slab for it. We have had several ghetto sheds (pole/tarp contraptions) and have a 20’ conex for the Kubota. The pole tents all failed either getting repeatedly blown over in storms or crushed by a combination of snow/sleet.

This is the wife’s “she shed”….., or so she thinks.

If I can get 10% of the assorted *******t out of the garage I’ll be happy.

The day it was delivered.

View attachment 487469
Do you need to make paperwork for shed or you just buy and place it somewhere. I am interested on getting/making one for myself

Do you need to make paperwork for shed or you just buy and place it somewhere. I am interested on getting/making one for myself
Typically depends on where you live. Call your local government town, county, city, state to find out if there's any regulations to comply with. Depending on how rural you are, there may be no requirements. In some jurisdictions there may be set back regulations or even require a permit if you decide to pour a floor. Definitely a local thing. Better to find out ahead of time, than to be forced to change location after the shed's full, or you have returned your heavy equipment.

I love coffee, I love tea.
I love the java jive and it loves me.
Coffee and tea, and the java and me
A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup boy
The Ink Spots
Crack a beer to offset the coffee, and get to work. Silly question...

C-O-F-F-E-E
Coffee is not for me
It's a drink that you wake up with
That it makes you nervous, is no myth
Slaves to a coffee cup,
They can't give coffee up

I learned that song 50 years ago.

Back