Identify This Grinder

I'm not sure it the same make .I'll have to go to the auto shop to find out. I know they have many Kent Moore tools. Tool maker to the auto world I think. They specialize in Specialty tools. I'll check later today.

I started it tonight and ran it for a couple of seconds. Runs fairly well but I will need to oil every thing first before I ll start it up again. Motor seems to be ok. I also looked at the table and making a new head should not be too hard. Yet another project on my to do list .

So many todoo's and so little time. My work is eating up my shop time .....

Yep, it’s a valve grinder. And that “V” groove on top of the head is for grinding the end of valve stems for tappet clearance. That grinder looks so old that it might be able to do Ford Model A valves? Model A valves had a mushroom headed stem and so will not fit into some of the newer grinding machines. Check yours out, it may be worth more than you think because of that feature…Good Luck, Dave.

Yep, it's a valve grinder. It will grind the valve stem end to set valve lash clearance on small engines as well.

Thanks for the reply's
I am converting the grinder to a small DIY tool grinder but it is a very slow process as I only have about 40 min a week time to play in the shop. It wont be nearly as nice as some of the stuff that I have seen here on the forums but will suit my purposes well.
Some Pics of the collet holder.
Just before some says it can you see where my chuck lost its grip ... ;)

20150402_175012.jpg 20150329_084012.jpg 20150329_081143.jpg 20150402_173956.jpg 20150329_174147.jpg 20150329_070928.jpg

Back