Indicating Micrometer?

What is the diameter of these bullets ? Just curious .
They can vary somewhat depending on the dies used and the maker. A good example would be .3083 shank and .3087 pressure ring. The same maker also has different bullets that are .3083 shank with .3086 and .3085 pressure rings. The trick is consitency between batches. There is some trial and error involved therefore something adjustable is prefered.

Would either of these 2 be worth thinking about?

Are you using to measure diameter or using to measure deviation ? Once you set a snap gage with blocks , it'll be dead on .

Are you using to measure diameter or using to measure deviation ? Once you set a snap gage with blocks , it'll be dead on .
More deviation . im thinking a good mic in a mic stand will do the job just a little slower. Technically once the dies are set they shouldn't deviate.

I have a Mahr Marameter frame with a Millimess .00005 indicator snap gage that might get down to .308 . It goes up to 2"s . Might do the job . Want a pic ?

@TrxR - I know this will be a REALLY BIG HELP for you, way across the continent ... but this came up on the Phoenix area Craigslist about 3 days ago:
00v0v_i8nKr8JCS9wz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

It's photo #14 in the ad.

If you really want it, and are somehow able to deal with the seller, I'd be happy to pick it up and ship it to you. PM me if I can be of any help. PS - Unfortunately, I do not know enough about these to be able to evaluate it, so the buying decision/negotiation would be entirely up to you.

I have a Mahr Marameter frame with a Millimess .00005 indicator snap gage that might get down to .308 . It goes up to 2"s . Might do the job . Want a pic ?
I would be interested in seeing a picture if its not too much trouble.

Thanks

@TrxR - I know this will be a REALLY BIG HELP for you, way across the continent ... but this came up on the Phoenix area Craigslist about 3 days ago:
View attachment 362609

It's photo #14 in the ad.

If you really want it, and are somehow able to deal with the seller, I'd be happy to pick it up and ship it to you. PM me if I can be of any help. PS - Unfortunately, I do not know enough about these to be able to evaluate it, so the buying decision/negotiation would be entirely up to you.
Thanks for the offer but I ll think I will pass as im still trying to figure out exactly what Im going to do.

1618457607282.jpegSeems like it would be pretty easy to build something like this...set it with gage blocks.

Thanks everyone. I have a bad habit of overthinking and over complicating things sometimes. I ended up ordering a Mitutoyo Digital Mic 293-340-30 and a new set of calipers as my old cheap ones were dying.

Back