Resolved Keep getting page failures

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I am getting plenty of page failures. The site doesn't respond. I upgraded my service I am now at 25mb/s and 5mb/s up. when I fail, I can quickly click on another bookmark and that site comes up, and often, HM is still failing.

IS HM on a low quality server, that we are getting overwhelmed?

I also notice that HM is not as active as it was 3 years ago. What happened? Where'd everyone go?

This is going to sound like a Hail Mary kind of move but….have you checked your cable/phone lines for loose connections or bad wiring? You are having way too many connectivity issues for this to be an unreliable ISP, at least that is how I’m thinking of it.

A few years ago I was having connectivity problems. Had Comcast come out and check everything over, they ended up finding a loose connection at the pole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
yea its not. I am able to connect to too many other places at the same time. I am not having problems with my connection, just connecting here.
the DNS failure was strictly DNS.. The route failure strictly a server down stream.

ping_fail_dns_fail_2021_10_06.jpg

Upvote 0
I don't believe this is HM's issue. but I am continuing to document it.
The dns appears, or to be something going on at my isp, maybe when updating the dns, or maybe one of their servers is picking up a bad dns list.
DNS is usually coming from multiple servers to be able to handle all the requests.

the fact that at the same time, I am hitting route issues.. well that's above my pay grade... I have NO CLUE.

Upvote 0
When the route is interrupted. Are there any repeatable stops that you an point the ISP to look at when it is tracing?

Have you tried connecting through a vpn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
just created a bat program to test connectivity.. of course it went out during the test of the test.
PROMPT $D $T $G

ping -n 1 google.com
ping -n 1 hobby-machinist.com
ping -n 1 170.249.204.106

tracert hobby-machinist.com

tracert 170.249.204.106

c:\cygwin64\bin\date
echo "-------------------------------"

Attachments

• connect_log.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
just created a bat program to test connectivity.. of course it went out during the test of the test.
PROMPT $D $T $G

ping -n 1 google.com
ping -n 1 hobby-machinist.com
ping -n 1 170.249.204.106

tracert hobby-machinist.com

tracert 170.249.204.106

c:\cygwin64\bin\date
echo "-------------------------------"
I don't have a vpn to connect to. I am semi retired. probably not going back to work... the salaries have dropped to dirt, and less than dirt.

Upvote 0
yes, I have not had an issue since the last time I reported.. so something has changed DNS is stable, and the interim hop that kept failing seems to be steadily up...

I think this can be closed.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Back