L - W Dividing Head Now I'm In Need Of More Index Plates

barnett

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Here's a nice little dividing head I picked up, the mill has to wait till the snow melts some. Its in good shape and I got a deal on it. Free, with the mill I bought, it was hiding on his shelf and I asked about it and he said you can have it too. The only downfall was it only came with 1 plate. Does anyone have any spares ?indexer2.jpg indexer.jpg indexer2.jpg

I was in the same position, I made my own for an old Carrol. It is not to difficult a task when using the bolt hole feature on a DRO.

If you want to know how I made mine, PM me.

This is all I can contribute to your L-W indexing head.
I didn't see what size yours was but I hope you can use it.

Mike

Attachments

• L-W_Index[1].pdf
    633.2 KB · Views: 77
Thanks for the chart Mike !!!

Here is the instruction sheet from LW. I don't know if the instructions are complete or this is just a page from the manual.

Mike

Attachments

• L-W Instrucs.pdf
    504 KB · Views: 48
I've got some extra plates if you want them.

Here is the scoop.
I was given a vintage DH of unknown lineage with a badly cracked casting. Nearly cracked all the way around. However, the gears were in decent shape.
Picked up another unknown DH without out any gears, handle, etc. She came with plates that someone (really it wasn't me) had bored out. They are otherwise in good condition.
After a whole lot of fussin, I've recently completed integrating the two DH. Now I have a fully functional 40:1 vertical swivel DH.
I need one of the plates to have a full set for the FrankenHead. My plan is to TIG a center to the bored out plates, then drill ream to center.
If you are interested I'll do them all.
I'll need to know which plates you need and he ID for the center hole, I'll customize them to fit for you, if they match your plate configuration needs.
Alternatively, if you TIG and have a lathe I'll just mail them to you.
Let me know.

Daryl
MN

Reeltor,
Please understand that this is not the VN that I've been giving you pics of.

Daryl
MN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barnett, I have a box full from an old machinist. They are all sizes and numbers. Give me your arbor dia. and number of screws plus your outside dia. and I'll check. There must be about 30 plates from 3" dia. thru 7". This guy bought out school system machine shops and govt. auctions in the 70's- the stuff has been sitting in his warehouse ever since. I also have some index arms for DH's.

That sounds like Barnetts best option.

Stonehands,
If I send you the size for the one I'm missing and had planned to cobble together. then would you be willing to check for me as well, and possibly - hopefully sell me the one I need?
Any Van Norman, Boye & Emmes, or Cincinnati parts in the pile? .... I gotta ask....

Daryl
MN

Back