Lagun FT1 as a CNC Beginning?

I gotcha. It's in a parameter table, which parameter number it is depends on your model. I'm not a CNC rocket scientist, I've only done a hobby-grade build and a half and I worked as a button monkey at some point along the way. I can't hold a candle to the full time careerists who contribute to this board. I do know from hands-on that Fadal, FANUC, and Mach3 all have it as a parameter, though. Only reason I expanded on the topic is because it is kind of fundamental to the whole thing, and touches on the "how much precision is enough" discussion that gets people lost through the trees at some point in the journey. Dig into it, you might even have the capability to do ramped backlash compensation and other hybrid schemes buried in there.

Jim,
Would you mind letting me know which brand and distributor you prefer for scales?

If you put scales on that tiny little toy mill you just bought :) plus encoders on the servos you can get the very most possible out of that machine. You will need a galil board to do this.

If you put scales on that tiny little toy mill you just bought :) plus encoders on the servos you can get the very most possible out of that machine. You will need a galil board to do this.
Yep, I'm playing with various possible configurations in my head. And I haven't even got the machine home yet.

Back