Lathe Light

Cobra

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
The Grizzly G0750G lathe comes with a halogen light.
I wanted a whiter light that covered a larger area than the supplied halogen.
The light was from an accessory light for an ATV.

Lathe light.jpg
20170327_143339.jpg 20170327_143350.jpg

The new light provides a bright white area illumination.

Looooookin good! I have a $20 (on sale from Costco) LED 2 tube 4 foot fixture that is above my lathe. I’m happy too.

Is that lamp articulated arm a standard option from Grizzly?

No, the articulated arm was home built. The photo is the drawing for the arm. If you need it send me PM and I can email the drawing in PDF or DWG file that you could modify as needed for your own machine.

I have basically the same led light may be a little smaller works very good except I get a shadow on the right side,I need a better articulated arm like the one you have would solve the problem.Some where down the road I'll have to make one.

I really disliked the task light I added to my lathe when it was mounted to the splash guard. As the carriage moved, the light was never in the right place. I finally found a magnetic base high intensity lamp. I stick it on the far end of the cross slide and it shines right at the end of the tool and stays that way as the carriage moves about

This is what I use. I have several. However I paid much less than what Amazon shows. magnetic base task light. Mag base task light on Amazon. I bought several about 8 or 9 years ago. I have one on the Lathe, Vertical Bandsaw and a tool chest. I think if I was going to buy another now, I would go with LED.

Thank you...

Back