Lets See Your Shop!

Ya its pretty tight, kinda lets you know what a sardine feels like after canning......
Im probably just as cramped, only I have more square footage. Just to much stuff packed in there that needs to be fixed.

Im probably just as cramped, only I have more square footage. Just to much stuff packed in there that needs to be fixed.
ya i hear you there. I do gunsmithing as a second income and in between others rifles and shotguns i squeeze my own projects in. right now its restoring a model 8 Remington to shooting condition and better.

ya i hear you there. I do gunsmithing as a second income and in between others rifles and shotguns i squeeze my own projects in. right now its restoring a model 8 Remington to shooting condition and better.
I guess you could get buy with a small shop, tractors need a little more space.

I guess you could get buy with a small shop, tractors need a little more space.
Yes you are quite right, tractors do need more space. Have helped out a friend of mine that restores old massey tractors with his father.

My shop is in a heated out building so it's a great escape when the weather turns cold. It has a lot of capability but unfortunately the 23x24 foot building is not near large enough for all the stuff that's crammed into it. It looks roomy at the moment, but normally there is a Chevelle stored in the bay. I have plans to add another bay off the back with room for the car and also to store all of the materials, that would free up a lot of space up front.

The two basic machines are a DoAll vertical mill and a Hardinge HLV-H lathe. There is also a 6x48 belt sander, a 14" band saw, a sheet metal brake and notcher, air compressor, pedestal grinder, hydraulic press, MIG, TIG and oxy-aceytylene welders. I've been keeping an eye open for a 6x12 surface grinder, but no luck yet.

314.JPG

315.JPG

316.JPG

317.JPG

318.JPG

319.JPG

320.JPG

321.JPG

I'm a big fan of old Lufkin tools. This is a set of NOS micrometers I managed to collect over the years and the tool box to the right is full of NOS lufkin tools. I've been trying to find one of the Lukin oak tool chests, but haven't had much success. They occasionally show up on eBay but go for big bucks.

307.JPG

308.JPG
super nice!!!!

Some pictures of my Logan Lathe it's a 2547VH in it's original paint the chip shield is a piece of sheet copper I had laying around
My brother just sold his lathe that was just like yours. They are a very nice lathe.

Yes, the 10EE is bullet-proof. It's my favorite machine in the shop as well. I'm the 3rd owner of mine. Cheers, Bill
Gosh, I think your Monarch is even nicer than mine! I just purchased a new Accu-rite 200S DRO yesterday for mine and will install this weekend.
It will replace an old analam mini wizard.

Back