Lets See Your Shop!

No motorcycles anymore. Used to road race them (strictly amateur, ARRL, FormulaUSA) back in the 80s, but stopped riding all together shortly after a 130 mph get-off during a race. Walked away with only a dislocated thumb and a completely destroyed GSXR1100 so I figure I used up all my luck on that wreck and shouldn't push my luck on any more street bikes. I always felt more at-risk on the street than I did on the track. :dunno:

Sure could have used my shop stuff back then!

Bill

OK guys what's the motorcycle jibber-jabber? :nono: I want to see photos of your shops! Post 'em up. Quit procrastinating, come on, come on just do it. :thumbsup:

Oh...don't I know that pain too. I've got an 8ft long welding bench that I haven't seen the top of in months. Here's a pic of just one corner of my shop. I seriously have to get that stuff off the floor tomorrow. The rest of it I can live with. Sorry...don't have a pic of the bench handy. :)

20140119_004338_zpsbff93648.jpg

This pictures scares me with the files hanging there with no handles on them. It scares me because I watched a guy leave the shop in an ambulance one day with 10" smooth file pushed parallel into his forearm. He was lucky no major artery's or tendons were hit.

Just something to think about.

Thought I would add a few more pictures of my shops. Just staying with the upper level of the machine shop. In the last post I showed the small manual lathe and part of the bench. This picture shows the rest of that area. It has my Webb 2 axis cnc mill and fly press as well as tool racks and cabinets. Also you will see the surface grinder and end mill sharpener. There is also a picture of the drill sharpener.

fly press 2s.jpg grinder station.JPG IMG_0008s.jpg IMG_0013s.jpg IMG_0014s.jpg IMG_0850s.jpg IMG_0842s.jpg IMG_0839s.jpg IMG_0841s.jpg IMG_0843s.jpg IMG_0844s.jpg

Thought I would add a few more pictures of my shops. Just staying with the upper level of the machine shop. In the last post I showed the small manual lathe and part of the bench. This picture shows the rest of that area. It has my Webb 2 axis cnc mill and fly press as well as tool racks and cabinets. Also you will see the surface grinder and end mill sharpener. There is also a picture of the drill sharpener.

I love all the drawer organization you have, super nice. I have that exact same "lassy tapper". I use it quite often. I have all the bushings for the taps. Now that I have a spring center for the mill and tailstock on my lathe, I find that I don't use it so much any more. You've got grinding wheels to last a lifetime and then some! :))

Just an observation: Is there anyone who owns a lathe or a mill who doesn't own a motorcycle also?

have a couple of lathes, a Bridgeport, a shaper, and assorted other machining stuff, but no motorcycle - just 55 or so vintage outboard motors.... at the moment, I don't have the Bridgeport or my 14 inch lathe at home, they are in storage at work. This is my South Bend 9A, Atlas shaper, and Delta drill press that I find to be quite useful in the manufacturing of antique boat motor parts. Most of the motors I work on are from the 1910-30 era, so parts sources are scarce. Most times one has to get by with whatever can be cobbled up in the workshop.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0004.jpgIMG_0005.jpgIMG_0006.jpgworkbench area.JPG

Best,
T2

IMG_0002.jpg IMG_0004.jpg IMG_0005.jpg IMG_0006.jpg workbench area.JPG

Last edited:
have a couple of lathes, a Bridgeport, a shaper, and assorted other machining stuff, but no motorcycle - just 55 or so vintage outboard motors.... at the moment, I don't have the Bridgeport or my 14 inch lathe at home, they are in storage at work. This is my South Bend 9A, Atlas shaper, and Delta drill press that I find to be quite useful in the manufacturing of antique boat motor parts. Most of the motors I work on are from the 1910-30 era, so parts sources are scarce. Most times one has to get by with whatever can be cobbled up in the workshop.

Best,
T2

Very nice looking shop and well organized. Looks like it would be a joy to work in.

That's quite a collection of OB's. You must be pretty good at restoring them, as a see quite a few ribbons on the wall. :thumbsup:

Back