List of Oilite Bearings for Logan Lathes?

JoatTX

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
As I continue to dive deeper into "refreshing" my Montgomery Ward 84-TLC2130 (Logan 200) with the added QCGB 74TLC-2138, I have found quite a number of oilless bearings, oilless bushings, and Oilite bearings, 18 different ones for a total of 36 bearings/bushings used, if my count is correct.

The Logan part numbers for these bearings/bushings are available in the machine manual and parts list that I purchased from Logan and, in most cases, Logan has these parts available.

What I don't have is a cross-reference to a manufacturer's part number or the dimensions of the bearings/bushings. To source these parts locally this necessitates a tear-down of the machine and measuring of each individual bushing.

I am trying to locate or assemble a cross-reference for the Oilite bearings from the Logan part numbers. If anyone has the part # as it applies to any Logan machine and doesn't mind sharing this information, I will include it in my cross-reference chart and share this information once collected.

What I am thinking is collecting the information in a format similar to this,

Logan Part #ManufacturerManufacturer Part #IDODLength

While the ones for my lathe are, obviously, the ones I am most looking for, I will be happy to include any information anyone can share. Any suggestions or information are appreciated.

If such a list already exists and someone can share it that would work as well...

Thanks,
Joat

As I continue to dive deeper into "refreshing" my Montgomery Ward 84-TLC2130 (Logan 200) with the added QCGB 74TLC-2138, I have found quite a number of oilless bearings, oilless bushings, and Oilite bearings, 18 different ones for a total of 36 bearings/bushings used, if my count is correct.

The Logan part numbers for these bearings/bushings are available in the machine manual and parts list that I purchased from Logan and, in most cases, Logan has these parts available.

What I don't have is a cross-reference to a manufacturer's part number or the dimensions of the bearings/bushings. To source these parts locally this necessitates a tear-down of the machine and measuring of each individual bushing.

I am trying to locate or assemble a cross-reference for the Oilite bearings from the Logan part numbers. If anyone has the part # as it applies to any Logan machine and doesn't mind sharing this information, I will include it in my cross-reference chart and share this information once collected.

What I am thinking is collecting the information in a format similar to this,

Logan Part #ManufacturerManufacturer Part #IDODLength

While the ones for my lathe are, obviously, the ones I am most looking for, I will be happy to include any information anyone can share. Any suggestions or information are appreciated.

If such a list already exists and someone can share it that would work as well...

Thanks,
Joat
Hi Joat. FYI, Scott Logan, grandson of the original manufacturer, moderates the only other Logan boards I know of. One on FaceBook and one on Groups.io that migrated over from Yahoo. Sometimes there is a Logan posting in the Practical Machinist Vintage machinery forum. So I expect if such a list has been created, this site is probably your best bet. Out of respect for Scott for the knowledge he provides and the products he carries, far more than are listed on his site, most members don't post much in the way of "alternate" parts sources.

It will be interesting to see what you learn.

Ron

Good afternoon Ron,

I am familiar with Lathe.io and am a member there as well. I respect and appreciate what Scott has done, and continues to do, to support the Logan products and the machining community.

But, to replace the Oilite/oilless bushings in my machine, with Logan parts, from Logan, would cost just shy of $500.00.

I have worked in the petro-chem refining industry and on maintenance contracts for long enough to know that bronze bushings shouldn't cost (at a minimum) $10.00 EACH.

I do understand mark-up and convenience costs but...

Respectfully,
Joat

Back