LMS mini-mill owners

If I were you I would keep it and convert it to CNC. I didn't realize how much I needed a cnc I'll till I converted mine. :thinking:

Now there's a thought. Don't know much about CNC other than what I learned playing with my friend's CNCs and EDMs. I assume you can configure the CAM program to take smaller cuts/more passes to compensate for the reduced mass and rigidity of these smaller machines?

Anyone make a kit? Or do I have to fab this on my own?

Bill

There are some significant differences between a HF mini-mill and a LMS 3960. I don't disagree with your thinking with regards to a HF.

Bill

that was the point :) I think the others make a good point about CNC - you already have the money invested in the machine, might as well repurpose it slightly for a bit more.

Of course you can't make a V8 engine on an LMS mini-mill, but there is a lot of things which can give you a nice $$$ feedback.
Before I joked about the "I Love Justin Bieber" pendants, but if you find the right "trend" for small things (and don't be limited to tools and jigs: the world is pretty wide!) you can make some good money even with an LMS mini-mill.
A fancy "I love XXX" pendant requires a few minutes to be done: make one, take photos and propose it on eBay. If you sell one, you make it: no need to have a warehouse full of outdated pendants like "I love Milli Vanilli" (who remembers them?). See, for just an example of things which can be done with a small CNC machine, this catalog: http://media.nuclearblast.de/download/katalog/nuclearblast_katalog.swf and go to page 96 (I hate Flash catalogs!!!).
Maybe these are not your preferred style, but if someone want to buy them for good cash… why not? :)

Back