Logan 9B cross feed nut size?

Makintrax73

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Does anyone know offhand what the cross feed acme screw is on a Logan 9B?

I tried measuring it in the machine and it isn't very easy to work out. It appears to be around .400" but it doesn't look to be bigger than that. I can't get a caliper on the thing to verify without removing it.

The catalog says the part number is LB-141, and no such part is offered by Logan at the current time. No one on E-Bay offers it either.

The cross feed nuts that are available for Logan 10" lathes appear to be 7/16-10LH acme, and those are availble. I'm trying to suss out whether a Logan 10" cross feed nut could be milled down to fit a 9B.

Does anyone know offhand what the cross feed acme screw is on a Logan 9B?

I tried measuring it in the machine and it isn't very easy to work out. It appears to be around .400" but it doesn't look to be bigger than that. I can't get a caliper on the thing to verify without removing it.

The catalog says the part number is LB-141, and no such part is offered by Logan at the current time. No one on E-Bay offers it either.

The cross feed nuts that are available for Logan 10" lathes appear to be 7/16-10LH acme, and those are availble. I'm trying to suss out whether a Logan 10" cross feed nut could be milled down to fit a 9B.
The threads are 7/16-10lh. Are you having problems with slop? I found that I could take out the slack with the adjustment nut, but I could barely turn the handwheels. Tore it down and couldn’t really see a problem with the screw or the nut. Did see that the aprons were binding on the bearing housings. So I put a copper washer and a nylon washer greased up behind the aprons as a test. Tightened it up and got all the play out. Handwheels were a little tight but usable. Ordered flat thrust washer bearings, replaced the copper/nylon washers. Now the handwheels are glass smooth and no more sloppy backlash! If you need the nut they don’t list it but you can find em on eBay but you will need the center hole to top of the nut measurement (mine is .690 and has a cast iron nut)

Back