Long Chang LC-30A mill resto

Pics. Comes with vise, collet set and base.

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-03-23-10-15-28.png
    Capture+_2020-03-23-10-15-28.png
    874.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Capture+_2020-03-23-10-15-36.png
    Capture+_2020-03-23-10-15-36.png
    829.8 KB · Views: 28
Sweet, did you get the flycutter too?

Hey all, as many of you know, I week or so ago I bought a new-to-me Long Chang LC-30A mill drill.

I bought it from the second owner who bought it from a local machine shop. The fellow I bought it from only used it as a drill press.
It didn't come with any tooling unless the factory drawbar counts. It has an MT3 spindle which I know is not the norm for mills but it will do for my needs at this point.

Over all it's in good condition, just really grimy and covered in crud. In disassembling it to get it out of my truck I think that there is still some of the original cosmoline on the column. Nasty stuff.

My plan is to pull it apart, clean and inspect everything and then reassemble. It will likely get paint as there was a lot of bondo-type filler that was dislodged when I pulled the column off the base.

I need to fashion a gantry crane so I can move the thing around my shop. Getting it off the truck in pieces was one thing, lifting pieces onto my bench is something altogether different.

PIctures to follow :)
Hi

I aquired a LC-30A Long Chang mill but the previous owner changed the motor and the motor pulley. I was wondering if you could send me information on what the original motor should be and dimensions on the pulley that goes on it? Thank you.

Hi
I aquired a LC-30A Long Chang mill but the previous owner changed the motor and the motor pulley. I was wondering if you could send me information on what the original motor should be and dimensions on the pulley that goes on it? Thank you.
I converted mine to 3-phase but still have to original motor.
If I recall correctly it's a 1hp. I don't have the pulley dimensions but I can get them for you.

Thank you! I would appreciate it very much if you could send me the dimesions of the pulley and if there happens to be a tag on your original motor the numbers off it would be great too.

@arthurmill

Welcome to the group!

I did have to look up where Arthur is.
It looks like a nice area!

-brino

@arthurmill Welcome from Oakville, ON. I used to drive through quite often but I don't have as much reason any more. One of these days!

Craig

Hi

Hi Arthur, years later response. In Oakville, Ont I have a Busy Bee version of this machine B314 I think, which have 12 or more years ago converted to a cnc machine. It is slow but works ok on Mach3. A bit of vibration from the pulleys but did the job. Not used it for a bit but trying to slow down at work and get her going again maybe with some ball screws. Just rejoined this site after years. Have a Busy Bee B048 with ball screws I bought 10 years ago ready to go in.

As AC/DC sings: "it's a Long Chang to the top if you want to rock and roll"

Back